News & analysis from across the industry
New Vacancy: Build Engineer
We are growing rapidly and have acquired new global clients. To help with our expansion we are recruiting for a number of new roles…
Title: Build Engineer/Environment Lead
Salary: up to £48K
The Build Engineer will provide technical leadership within one or more multi-disciplinary delivery teams: software delivery processes, solving problems, building the team and developing skills.
The successful individual specifically take ownership of non-production environments, release management, change management and the build & deployment pipeline within our rapidly evolving organisation. They will investigate, assess and implement new technologies to help the team identify and deliver creative solutions. You’ll be a good team player, passionate about development and have the ability to learn new skills / tools as required. This role has huge scope for progression for the right candidate with a strong work ethic.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for management of release code streams.
- Responsible for ensuring releases are built and that automated testing is performed.
- Responsible for ensuring relevant documentation and associated release-relevant materials like training and import packs are uploaded with the release to our support portal.
- Support and management of internal hardware and communications including security.
- Management and provisioning of external AWS environments.
- Asset management and product licencing.
- Configuration and change management.
Relevant Skills/ Experience:
- Experience with Subversion.
- System administration.
- Release and change management.
- ISO20000 or SIAM concepts and requirements.
- Effective communication skills with experience of working in self-organising and agile teams.
- Experience with GIT would be a nice to have!
What you will get in return:
- Early entry into an ambitious business and the opportunity to develop technically and professionally.
- Competitive packages with regular reviews that reward strong performance.
- A range of salary sacrifice schemes are available.
- Mentoring and leadership to support your personal development.
- Convenient and modern city centre office.
- A great team of people to work with.
- Great coffee!
If you are a hands-on technically minded person, please apply for the position for further information!
Contact us by submitting your CV to email@example.com
Or click here to see other roles we are looking to fill.